Sunday, February 27, 2011

89 Years and Counting!

EIGHTEEN of us had such a nice time celebrating Mom's 89th birthday on February 19th at our home in Glenburn.
Here she is with three of the younger guys: Eli Cain (Zach's and Holly's son), David and Samuel Buza (Stephen's and Jeannie's sons).

Folks tell me I look older than she does (true, since I have almost pure white hair and she is just sporting a few gray hairs here and there).

There was a lot of love to go around, cards, gifts (flowers, blouses, an orange, chocolate). And she even got a Kindle. Now we are wondering: how many 89 year old folks have a Kindle?? It is a great gift for her, since books tend to be a little heavy and burdensome.

Some of you had to miss this party for various reasons -- you were too far away, etc. We are hoping to have a BIG splash for the 90th!

I'm thanking the Lord for allowing me to keep my Mom for so long -- it's been almost 68 years for the two of us. What a blessing to have her in my life.

So "Happy Birthday, Mom" -- I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment