Friday, March 23, 2012

We All Have Gifts and Talents

"Don't Stop Believing" by Heidi Jacobsen
Grandaughter Heidi is participating in a drawing challenge for 2012. Every day she and at least one friend are producing a drawing. And, wow! They are doing such a great job.

Her work makes me think of the fact that every, single individual is good at something! Obviously, she has at least one talent and that is pencil drawing. Some of her work is cute and whimsical. And some of it just blows me away! This is one of the "blows me away" drawings from Heidi.

I like it because it is drawn very well, but I also like it because it sends an important message. It is so important for adults to share their faith with the children. That means praying with them, sharing life experiences with them, setting a good example before them, and telling them about the Gospel.

Your grandfather prayed for all of his children and all of you before you were even born. I did, too, but I don't think I prayed as faithfully as he did. I learned from that the very fact that even now, even when you are a child it is a good thing to pray for the husband or wife God will send to you. And it is a good thing to pray for your children and grandchildren. They will be your main mission! When God sends them into your life, He is depending on you to tell them the truth from the Bible -- tell them about Jesus!

Now I will change the subject. If you would like to write a story about YOUR talent or send me a picture (photo or drawing) that I can have in this blog for your siblings and cousins to enjoy, please do it! That would be very special for all of us.

Love you!

2 comments: