Monday, November 22, 2010

Build Upon the Foundation

Family: Pictured here are Grandpa and Grandma Buza's three sons: (left to right) Grampie Wayne, Uncle Joel, and Uncle Carlin.

Fatherly & Pastoral Advice  We loved to ask Grandpa Robert Buza (Dad) questions. That is because he was well acquainted with truth and the things that really matter. I cannot tell you how many times Grampie Wayne has said, "I just wish I could sit down and talk with my Dad one more time." And while none of us can do that, we can still profit from the advice that he gave as pastor to the Church folks back in the 1960s. He wrote: 

 Does my life please God? Do I read my Bible daily? Do I pray daily? Do I put aything before my duty to God? Do I do as Christ would in my place? Have I neglected any known responsibility? Am I doing anything I condemn in others? Is there anything in my life I CANNOT give up for God’s program with my time, treasure, and talents?

If you can measure up to these questions then you can expect God’s richest blessings upon your life and look forward to a Heavenly reward that cannot be burned. Therefore let us build with silver, gold, and precious stones upon the foundation which has been laid which is CHRIST JESUS . . Disobedience to what the Lord has told us always brings about the chastening of the Lord. (See Hebrews 12:6-7)

Pastors are chastened when they refuse to pray and to study the Word, but how much more severe is the chastening when they refuse to preach it and teach it. Congregations are punished when they, too, let their spiritual life slip into a complacency, or into indifference concerning what the Lord says to them. Perhaps, Beloved Friends, you have lost the joy of Salvation because you have lost your interest in the things of God; in reading and obeying His Word, or have disobeyed His exhortation, "Neglect not the assembling of yourselves together." Hebrews 10:25.

This family has a wonderful Christian heritage! Part of that heritage is in the fact that all of our lives have been touched by Grandpa Buza. And that is true of each one of us, even those of us who never met him. Why? In part it is because he faithfully PRAYED for his children, their spouses, and their families. You were important to him -- and if you haven't met him yet, we pray that by God's grace you will be meeting him in Heaven some day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment