Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Letter From Grandpa Buza

This is a letter from your great grandfather Robert Buza to Grampie Wayne and me. We always loved to read Grandpa's letters. When your parents were young, it was quite costly to make telephone calls "long distance". We lived in Machias, Maine and Grampie's parents lived in Wilmington, Illinois. So we wrote letters back and forth.

In some ways it is sad that we now do most of our communicating by phone and email now. It is good that we can pass information back and forth very quickly but it is sad that we no longer keep bundles of personal letters to read over and over again. Here is page one of a letter just so you can see his handwriting. I will copy it here to be sure you know what he is telling us:

"Dear Ones, All of you. Greetings in the name of Jesus (God with Us). What a joy to know this truth - all our problems in His hands. His presence, strength, and His salvation -- from penalty of sin and deliverance from its nagging, and someday from its very presence - Hallelujah! I was looking for a paper that thrilled my soul, when I find it I'll send it. The thought was when we have done our best and then comes a set back, then we see not what God is doing, we accept it without complaining -- THAT's Victory. It so hit me I had to go talk with Him. How sweet it was.

We don't know how Dawn is at this moment, but know we have committed her to Him, who can do all things. When we see you, will give you details.

Sorry about Kevin -- will be praying for him. Hope it is only temporary.

We have a nice day today. Church calling door-to-door. It is surprising how many are not in Church -- some are. Just too lazy to go. When the Rapture takes place "in the twinkling of the eye", they won't make it past the refrigerator.

Some say, "I'll take my chances". I remind them they have not won a lottery yet. There are more that lose than the one winner. One guy said, "I'm not interested." I asked him to come Sun. night to see a film on the book of Revelation about end of the world. He came and left on the run. It was scarey. When he stops running, I'll catch him. I have somewhat to say to that boy.

We may be out to see you soon, Lord willing. We will bring clothing that you can use, or someone.

Mom just came in from feeding the birds. The river is high but not over the normal for this time of the year.

Maybe you can use tract. It has a good outline. I must close and go calling. Pray we might be able to win some soul to Him.

Love, Dad & Mom

Of note: He almost always wrote Eph. 3:20 at the end of his letter, but it is missing from this one. It must be he was in a hurry.

1 comment:

  1. Wayne, I needed this encouragement tonight. I've been trying to do my best, but I'm feeling I might have been leaving God out. If I pray in the morning for God's will and Spirit for the day, then a set-back comes, it has to be of God. I've been praying for Cliff and hope he's healing. Thanks for sharing and I know what you mean about wishing you could talk with your dad. I miss my Uncle Shirley almost every day. May God bless you and Brenda! Good night, Your brother in Christ, Eric

    ReplyDelete