Sunday, November 28, 2010

Mom Pursued Art

After Grampie Jim died, Grammie Ruth decided to go to some art workshops and what a wonderful decision that was! Here for your enjoyment is an art gallery of sorts featuring a sampling of my mother's art. It will be worth your time to take a look:



The next one is a drawing of the covered bridge in Littleton, Maine and is near the place where Grammie Ruth was born.  I think this was a pencil drawing, but may have been pen and ink. I can't remember and cannot tell from this photo. The work here is meticulous and detailed -- very characteristic of Mom's projects (art or not):

I absolutely LOVE this painting of a lone chickadee perching on twigs in the winter. This one was done in 2002 and I believe it was done with water color pencil. 


This next painting is, I believe, a watercolor that Mom did for her niece -- Annette Nason Fore -- to hang in her Florida home. Annette wanted something in green, so Mom put that color to advantage when she did this garden scene in honor of Annette's love of flowers and gardening:


This next one is a drawing with colored pencil, I think. It was done in 2002 and I think it was done as a project for one of her art workshops that she attended in Houlton. She loved working with her instructor, Esther Faulkner. Don't you love the purple finch?


Maybe somebody can help me with the next two, which I believe are colored pencil drawings. I believe the racoons were done for a woman at Mom's Church. I think the dogs and duck was done as a Christmas gift for one of the grandchildren. If you remember, please help me out and leave a comment. If not, just enjoy the art!







In time, you will be seeing more of Gram's art work. Hopefully you enjoyed this sample of the kind of work she has done.

I have to love and admire her for not giving up after losing a second husband, but for stretching herself and finding something that she could enjoy for her own pleasure and as a blessing to others. Mom has an eye for all that is beautiful!

2 comments:

  1. The dogs and duck were done as a Christmas gift for Zack...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for adding that comment. I knew she made that for one of the kids, but couldn't remember which one.

    ReplyDelete